Keep Learning: Resources For Students
Pages within this section:
* Information on how to access College of Engineering computer resources from remote locations can be found in these pages
Links within this page:
- Access to software applications
- Remote access to computer labs
- Adobe apps for students
- Free and reduced-cost internet options
- Follow Me Printing Documentation
- Additional Resources From The Ohio State University
ETS has arranged with vendors to permit downloads of their software on students’ personal machines. The list of applications with this approval and instructions for downloading can be found at http://ets.osu.edu/Software/software
Using the correct license for Zoom
Students should log in to CarmenZoom.osu.edu to use the Zoom application for online learning. This will ensure that the Zoom account is associated with Ohio State's license. Failure to use Ohio State's license may result in sessions being disconnected after a certain amount of time.
If your Zoom account profile does not state that your account type is 'Education' or if you are getting disconnected after 40 minutes on Zoom sessions, the following steps can be taken to make sure that your account is associated with the Ohio State Zoom license.
- Log out of the Zoom desktop client
- Open an incognito window in your web browser (In Chrome, this is in the File menu.)
- Navigate to https://carmenzoom.osu.edu
- Click Sign In and log in with your Ohio State credentials (please use firstname.lastname@example.org, NOT the email@example.com login name). This login requirement also applies the same way if you are using the installed Zoom app, and are signing in using "SSO".
- You will be asked if you want to switch to Ohio State’s license. Click yes to this and any subsequent agreements.
ETS is enabling all active students for access to Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops. For overflow capacity, portions of the College’s teaching labs are enabled for remote desktop access by students to the systems and software.
- Accessing Citrix Resources (No VPN Required)
- Downloading and using Pulse Secure VPN to connect to CoE-Net
- Accessing shares and home drives from personal devices when connected to Pulse Secure VPN
- Remote access to CoE Academic Windows Lab Systems
- Remote access to COE Academic Linux Lab Systems
- Information on setup or how to change DUO multifactor push configuration
MacOS guides for remote access/VPN
Ohio State's Keep Learning website, https://keeplearning.osu.edu/learning-tools, is a great resource for students to transition to online instruction.
- Adobe is no longer providing licenses for students on personal devices. The Adobe Creative Suite will only be accessible on Engineering lab computers.
While Ohio State does not promote or endorse any specific vendor, College of Engineering students may find some of the options being offered by internet service providers helpful. A list of companies offering specials can be found here.