IT News You Can Use - April 24
Did You Know?
- The team from MathWorks is available to support Ohio State University’s faculty, researchers, and students in the use of all MathWorks tools. Their Customer Success Engineer, Gen Sasaki, is available for technical engagements to assist faculty and researchers in the use of MATLAB and Simulink for coursework or in research labs. They would be happy to help support your work with technical assistance, seminars, webinars, research collaborations and support, integrating MATLAB and Simulink into courses, and more.
- Ohio State University MATLAB Portal - The Ohio State University - MATLAB Access for Everyone - MATLAB & Simulink (mathworks.com). Download all MathWorks products to personal computers, access online MATLAB and Simulink self-paced training, find MATLAB Courseware, and more
- General Technical Support - Contact Us - MATLAB & Simulink (mathworks.com) or call 508-647-7000
- Account Manager – Cory Winter 248-675-2610 firstname.lastname@example.org – for license questions, general inquiries, or if you are not sure who to contact
- Customer Success Engineer – Gen Sasaki 508-647-2441 email@example.com – OSU’s technical point of contact for assistance with curriculum or research, seminars, collaborations, etc.
Accessibility Tips and Tricks
- Join Ashley Bricker this Wednesday, April 26 from 10-11AM for the Digital Accessibility Coffee Hour! Ashley will be discussing Editora11y; the built-in accessibility checker for all Engineering’s sites. Be sure to bring your own accessibility questions for the Q & A session as well! Zoom link for this even can be found on the Digital Accessibility Coffee Hour event page.
Important: The information below applies to Engineering Linux systems managed by ETS.
On Wednesday, April 26th at 10:00 P.M., ETS will start the process that updates all COE Linux systems managed by ETS.
The process will take some time and will run overnight. We do not expect the update process to cause interruptions, but we recommend that you save any open documents before the update process begins.
On Thursday, April 27th at 7:15 A.M., ETS will begin rebooting all COE Linux systems managed by ETS.
Please save your work and logoff before the reboot process begins to avoid losing any unsaved work.
Please ensure that any Linux systems you, or a group you manage uses, are powered on before April 26th to ensure they are updated and rebooted.
If you encounter any issues on your Linux system(s) after 9:00 A.M. on Thursday, April 27th, please submit an ETS ticket at https://go.osu.edu/ets. In the ticket description, please note that it's a Linux system, the hostname of the system, and its location (if known), and someone will assist you as soon as they are available.