IT News You Can Use - August 8
Did You Know?
Our web brand is changing! In accordance with new university branding guidelines, changes are coming soon to CoE websites, most notably with respect to colors. You can learn more about these changes on the ETS website at Drupal Web Theme Color Palette Changes.
Accessibility Tips and Tricks
What is the difference between alternative (alt) text and a long description for an image and when do you use them? There is some simple guidance on the Alternative (Alt) Text Guidance page that can help.
- Between Monday, August 8 and Tuesday, August 16, ETS will be replacing some of the network switches and upgrading others in multiple CoE buildings. During those periods, wired network connections will be down or have intermittent operability in the affected areas. These updates do not affect wireless networks in the building and those services will not be impacted.
The schedule is as follows:
· Monday, August 8 from 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. – Baker Systems Engineering basement, 2nd, and 3rd Floors
· Monday, August 8 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Fontana Laboratories
· Tuesday, August 9 from 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. – Bolz Hall 2nd Floor
· Tuesday, August 9 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – CBEC
· Wednesday, August 10 from 1:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. – Hitchcock Hall 3rd Floor
· Wednesday, August 10 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Caldwell Laboratory (ECE and CSE)
· Thursday, August 11 from 1:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. – Hitchcock Hall 2nd Floor
· Thursday, August 11 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Dreese Laboratory (ECE and CSE)
· Friday, August 12 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Bevis Hall and 1314 Kinnear Road
· Monday, August 15 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Baker Systems Engineering (CSE only)
· Tuesday, August 16 from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. - EJTC
- The imaging process for all Engineering computing labs is underway, now that summer activities have come to an end. Expected completion is Friday, August 12.