Creating Accessible Media
Accessible media is essential for people with disabilities. Accessibility features can also be used by people without disabilities in a variety of situations. Creating accessible media does involve some simple planning. This page will help you learn how to create digital media with accessibility in mind.
*Note: this page is currently being updated and worked on routinely. Please continue to check back for updated information.
MediaSite is the University's chosen video hosting platform. MediaSite offers the ability to add closed captions to any video uploaded to the site. It is recommended best practice to add closed captions to all videos regardless of a request for captioning. Closed captions can benefit everyone.
- Upload Video
- Once video upload is complete, select “Edit Details” on the right-side menu
- On the next screen select the “Delivery” tab
- Choose “Audio Transcription”
- Select the “Provider”
- Select "Automate Transcription”
- Hit “Save”
- At some point, you will receive an email notification that the captioning is in place
The most common form of audio only media are podcasts. When creating audio only content, make sure there is a written transcript to coincide with the audio.
COMING SOON! (see MediaSite tab for more information on videos in MediaSite)